The Freshman Mentor Program provides each freshman with a supportive environment that helps ease his or her adjustment from junior high to high school.
The FMP program provides each freshman with:
- A freshman advisory that meets during the freshman’s lunch hour.
- A support group in each advisory that consists of student advisors, a faculty advisor, and an academic counselor.
- An ongoing orientation to high school that enables students to become familiar with its physical layout, policies, procedures, programs, traditions, and personnel.
- A comfortable environment that allows the student to relax during his/her demanding day.
- Frequent monitoring of academic progress through individual discussions with a faculty advisor and a counselor.
- A mechanism for increasing students awareness regarding academic and co-curricular opportunities.
- An opportunity to participate in study teams and/or have access to tutorial assistance.
- Articulation of his/her Freshman goals for high school.