Advised by Jenny Duff and Michelle Milnes
Meetings are held every two weeks at lunch (not open to all students)
Hillsdale Community Schools promotes LEARNING FOR A LIFETIME and challenging all students to achieve their full potential. The Future Corps Club works to create a vibrant culture of student-led college success.
The FC Club is committed to preparing all of our students to succeed after high school. We are making progress, but there’s so much more to do. We tap our most influential 11th and 12th grade students to organize their classmates to help increase our college application and FAFSA filing rates.
Future Corp is an elite team that will help classmates navigate the post-secondary decision-making process (college visits, college fairs, FAFSA completion, college-spirit week, scholarships, developing work skills, and Decision Day).
Future Corps unleashes teams of influential 11th-12th graders to perform three tasks in the school:
- Run high-profile peer campaigns to increase college applications and FAFSA outcomes
- Train students and faculty in the latest college access and success technology apps
- Provide arms and legs for our college counseling staff (e.g., help at FAFSA nights, or take messages to all classrooms, plan Decision Day)
1. Michigan College Application Month (October)
2. College Ca$h Campaign (October 1 - March 1) FAF$A and $cholarships
3. Decision Day (on or around May 1)
FUTURE CORPS PRINCIPLES
Tap the Power Within
- We are powerful because of--not in spite of—our personal experience
- We commit to being the change we want to see in the world (Gandhi)
- We own our classmates’ progress
- We are quick to measure and hungry to learn, especially from failure
- We win as a team, work hard together, and depend on one another
- When we win, our friends make better futures.