About the Freshmen Mentor Program: https://youtu.be/rWTODCMyezA
2021-22 Freshmen Mentor Program (FMP)
New and Returning Mentor Application
Hello Soon-to-Be Juniors and Seniors,
We are looking for junior and senior students who:
- Are multi-talented, skilled, and active in school and/or the community
- Have a desire to be a positive role model to incoming freshmen
- Have upstanding character (trustworthy, responsible, follow through with commitments)
- Aim for personal excellence in all endeavors
- Excellent school attendance and minimal absences
- Maintain 2.5 or higher GPA
- Behave appropriately in and out of school
- Have a good reputation and treat others respectfully
- Abide by Hillsdale High School rules and regulations (Hillsdale High Handbook for school conduct)
Freshmen mentors typically serve on the FMP team for 2 years: during their junior and senior year. That said, we welcome seniors first year applications. Returning senior mentors will need to reapply this year.
Please click here to fill out the Google form application. The FMP mentor application is due no later than Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Freshmen mentor applicants are required to complete all sections of the application.
What time commitments exist if I am accepted into the program?
Attendance is required at the following meetings and events throughout the coming year.
Mentor Team Welcome & Freshmen Orientation Preparation Meeting (last week of May).
Freshmen & Parents Orientation Evening: Friday, June 4th
FMP Training and Team Building: Date TBD August before school begins
FMP Mentor & Mentee Lunches: first three days of school in August
FMP Mentor & Mentee Meetings during lunch: twice per month September-December
FMP Team Planning Sessions: Once a month (Fall Semester) during lunch period
If you have questions please feel free to email or call us.
Sue Postle, Room #127; 517-689-1394; susan.postle@hillsdaleschools.
Michelle Milnes, Main Office; 517-689-1415; michelle.milnes@